10 Affordable Decor Shops For the Rustic Farmhouse Lover
This weekend we had some friends over to celebrate Brody’s birthday. We didn’t do anything over the top, just good friends and good food! It was perfect in every way. It had been long overdue to have a gathering at our home, and Brody’s birthday was a great excuse to motivate me to make it happen. I guess I didn’t realize how much work we have done around our home lately. But our friends sure did! I honestly think it looks like we have accomplished a lot more than we have, simply because of the new paint and fresh white on the trim in the main areas of our home. It really is amazing what a difference paint makes!
Still, I was getting a lot of questions about our rustic decor and where we find a lot of our items. Our friends were shocked that many of the items weren’t finds from thrift shops, small boutiques, or estate sales (they know how I roll!). So I thought it would be fun to share my favorite affordable decor shops with you guys today too! I absolutely love learning where others shop, so I hope you guys find this helpful!
For the most part, our home is a mix of bigger brand store items with vintage, estate sale, flea market, and small boutique finds. I have found that this gives our home a natural, rustic style that I love. It is also a very budget friendly way to decorate! I will never forget when my husband and I shopped for our first dining table, and we were seriously shocked for days at the price on furniture. We quickly learned that the best way to keep our wallets intact and still decorate our home with the style we love was to shop around, take our time, and find items that truly spoke to us. By mixing items from places like World Market with vintage finds it all feels collected and unique, while still being affordable.
Especially with little ones, it is so nice to be able to shop online for rustic and farmhouse decor rather than thrift store hop every weekend. Although I would prefer to spend every Saturday morning at estate sales and thrift stores, it’s realistically not happening that often currently. But I can’t wait till the boys are at the age that we can do it more! For now, I’ll continue to mix items from affordable decor shops with my finds.
- World Market – World Market has always been one of my favorite places to find decor and accessories for every room in our home. Lately, they have added farmhouse decor that is really beautiful and affordable. They have an Explorer program that is totally free to sign up for, and you get $10 rewards emailed to you for every $200 you spend, and have 20% off your whole purchase pretty regularly. Making shopping at World Market even more affordable. They have my favorite jute rug, that you can find all over our house in different sizes. A lot of the items for the boys’ playroom came from World Market, like our media stand and baskets for toys. They also have adorable farmhouse items for your kitchen from dishtowels to mason jar soap dispensers. We also just purchased these adirondack chairs for outside this summer at 30% off during one of their sales. I haven’t been able to find anything comparable for even close to that price! This is clearly one of my favorites!
- Wayfair – I also am including Birch Lane and Joss & Main here, they are family brands and usually carry very similar items at great discounted prices. Wayfair brands are my go to for typically more expensive items like lighting, side tables, and rugs. Almost every product has a lot of reviews which is really nice especially when shopping online. They carry my favorite potted sage plant. We recently added this light to our guest bathroom, and I get so many comments on this unique plant stand that we use as a console table. There prices change, so I check here often.
- IKEA – A staple in affordable home decor for a reason. As I’ve mentioned before I am new to IKEA but am now addicted to it, for its budget-friendly farmhouse decor. So much so, that I wrote a post on my favorite farmhouse home decor from IKEA (here)! We also purchased there Holmsund slipcovered sleeper sofa for our playroom and love it so far (post on that here). I honestly can say I never thought I would be an IKEA devotee, but I have to admit I am hooked for life now!
- Amazon – We all shop on Amazon but did you know they have great prices on home decor and even rustic farmhouse decor? And of course there fast and free shipping is unbeatable! They have everything from lighting, faux plants, and decor. For example, this adorable scalloped table that shows up on Fixer Upper often!
- RugsUSA – I have to include this one, even though it is entirely rugs. They have something for everyone, at unbeatable prices. We have been happy with all of our purchases. We have this one in our formal living room, and love it with the kids. If it does get ruined by chocolate milk and goldfish we don’t have to totally sweat it, because it’s not the equivalent of a college education like many rugs!
- Target – Everytime I think Target can’t up their game they do. And even more so online. They have a great selection of farmhouse decor (simply search “farmhouse”). And of course there $1 section is oh so dangerous, but fabulous at the same time. I especially love Target for outdoor doormats, outdoor pillows, and baskets.
- HomeGoods – I’ll rightfully admit I am slightly obsessed. I have found countless unique items here that literally look like I spent a day picking. And bonus you can buy everything from wrapping paper to kids toys. One stop shopping at it’s finest!
- Hobby Lobby – I also will include Michael’s here, we just don’t have one near us so I don’t frequent it often. I love Hobby Lobby for faux stems at very affordable prices (post here with my favorites). They rotate 50% off sales weekly, and always have a 40% coupon available online. We recently purchased our new bathroom mirror for our guest bathroom from here. The possibilities are endless!
- Decor Steals – My absolute favorite for farmhouse finds. It is a daily steal site, and I look forward to their email every morning! They offer new home decor and vintage reproductions daily at prices up to 80% off retail. Really! I would say the majority of the items in our home that aren’t from small boutiques or found are from Decor Steals. If you’ve been searching everywhere for affordable olive baskets, seltzer bottles, or trays keep your eye out for Decor Steals emails. I promise they won’t disappoint you! I also have to mention its sister site, Bits of Vintage. It is just as charming and a place I check often for affordable prices on popular farmhouse items.
- Antique Farmhouse – Another fabulous daily deal site. They have a new curated collection everyday. Again, I look forward to their email. My first purchase was my magnolia wreath and garland, and they are still some of my favorite pieces. I have seen magnolia wreaths go for at least double what I paid!
- Craigslist, Thrift Stores, Estate and Tag Sales – Just want to mention these for one of a kind affordable decor that you can completely make your own with a little imagination and paint! Always a favorite way for us to spend a Saturday morning, when we have the time!
So there you have it, a list of awesome home decor shops that are super budget friendly! Are you addicted to any of these like me? What are some of your favorite home decor shops with unbeatable prices? I always love hearing where others find items that they incorporate into their home especially when they can find a good deal! As always, thanks so much for stopping by!
SHOP My Farmhouse Favorites: